A false accusation is punishable under art. 188 of the Dutch Criminal Code. However, filing a complaing about it with the police hardly ever leads to a conviction, because it is difficult to proof that the suspect knew that the allegations were false.

But you can try to stop the perpatrator by filing a criminial complaint for dafamation or by starting a civil procedure.

Read our blog about false accusations in family lawsuits.