Family law:

Forename / first name change

One’s forename can only be changed by a decision of the court. The request should be submitted to the court by a lawyer. The change of the forename will only be allowed if there is a good reason for it. Of course adoption or gender reassignment will be a good reason, but also more specific personal of familial circumstances can be mentioned as a good reason for this personal request. On the other hand, the court also weighs if there are any reasons of public interest that could be incompatible with the change of name as requested.