Restrainig orders

If you are a victim of domestic violence or stalking, it might be a (temporary) solution to ask the civil court for a restraining order. The court can prohibit the perpetrator to contact you (and your children), or to come near your home, your work or the school.

Off course the court will ask for evidence, preferably a previous conviction by the criminal court. If there is no conviction (yet), other evidence is possible. If the evidence is not that strong,  the court may decide to ask if the person sued is willing to voluntarily declare not to contact you for the next period of time. A declaration like that is written down by the court and you can choose to inform the police about it.