Centrum IKO


The Dutch International Child Abduction centre

If you wish to file a return request about a child who has been abducted to the Netherlands, you can contact the Dutch Centrum IKO. You do not need a lawyer to do so.

IKO is an independent organisation, funded by the Duth Government. They can explain what optioins you have in the Netherlands. They can give you information and explain the possibility of Cross Boarder Mediation.

Their website shows a list of the countries that have a treaty relation with the Netherlands.  Besides that, it shows a page for children, with phone numbers to call if you need help, and some usefull frequantly asked questions.


You can read more information about international child abduction:


Or read our A-Z, our FAQ or our page about international child abduction.