In the Netherlands, you cannot prevent your spouce from getting a divorce, if that’s what he or she wants. The court will grant the request to get a divorce, and will not require any specific reason for the divorce. One only has to say that the marriage has been permanently disrupted. However you might see reasons to delay the process. There are a few ways to do so. During the procedure, you can ask the court for more time to prepare your responce. Once the court has issued an order, you can choose to wait three months. It is only after these three months that the divorce decree can be registered with the municipality, which makes the divorce final.