Where to go to for support, assistance and advice?


Victim Support The Netherlands (Slachtofferhulp Nederland) is a Dutch organisation. This organisation can help you with emotional support after an accident or assault.

They can also explain the Dutch criminal procedure against the suspect. And they will tell you how you can ask for financial compensation from the suspect within that criminal procedure.


In some cases the victim can’t get compensation from the suspect of the assault. In that case, there is a possibility to get compensation from af fund: Schadefonds Geweldsmisdrijven.

Protecting the children

This organisation can also explain to you how you can press charges. They will explain to you how to ask for a restraining order or report any unsafe situation of children to Veilig Thuis. They provide this information to people who are the victim of the assault. But also for people who are otherwise  involved.